Sunday, May 4, 2008

Playset building - The adventure continues....

Day 2 of the Playset-ology

We got home around 11:00 from church this morning and began working on the playset. It was crazy! We got it all organized and started the process. The sun was blazing and there was no breeze like yesterday. After today we all got some nice sunburns... We worked til 8pm today. So after 9 hours working on this monstrosity we are 80% done. All that is left is the swing bar and the swings and the rope ladder. But for now, the boys can play on it. We do have to add the finishing touches to it, like the steering wheel and the telescope. Overall it can be played on, which was the goal of it today. I'm not thrilled with the thought of it being covered in spiders, but I will probably spray it down before we leave for vacation. Poor Parker was getting so mad all day. He didn't nap super well, and I'm sure its because he knew what was going on. He kept wanting to climb up the ladder, and then when we got the rock wall in, he was going after that. He was freaking my mom out b/c he would get inside the playhouse part of it and she would think he was going to fall out! My dad came over around 1:30 and stayed til 8ish and worked like a champ.

Well, due to the playhouse construction, my house is a pit. We had friends over for dinner on Friday night and the clean dishes (thankfully) are still out and my dishwasher is still loaded with clean dishes. My laundry is very behind and who knows what else I have failed to do. Oh yes, I was just reminded in an email that I have to bring a meal to 2 families. I like to sign up for meals for several families (if needed) on the same day. Its not that much more work and I just have to deliver it. I told my friend who organizes the meals for our Sunday School class that she better remind me tomorrow too! I know I will forget. Good thing I always make the same meal for everyone...

To see more pics of this playset go to my flickr.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

That looks like so much fun....the playset that is. Not so much the assembly! I was looking forward to getting one of these until I read this post! :)