Saturday, December 27, 2008

Shopping Traditions

Yes, it can be a tradition. I hit the Crate and Barrel "Day after Christmas" sale every year! The store usually opens around 9am. I get in line around 7:15am. I am definitly in the first wave - top 20 people. The line is usually 250 deep by 9am. There is a bouncer at the door counting all the people in. I scope out what I will purchase on the 23rd or 24th. I make a game plan.

Every other year, my good friend, Sara, joins me. The "other year" she is in CA with her family for the holidays. We usually get a hubby to be our space holder in line while we hit other shops, make a trip to car to unload and meet back around 8:30 or so, just in case the doors open early. Its funny b/c I'm starting to see the same people every year! hilarious!

This year the goal was for REINDEER! We really wanted these reindeer and our friend (who couldn't be there) wanted these reindeer as well. That was the job of Sara's DH - get the reindeer! I knew what I wanted since I had scoped it all out. I was in and out of there in less than 20min. It was a mad dash by all!

The funniest thing is, there is ALWAYS a "wanna be line jumper". But SERIOUSLY, who is going to TRY and jump the line when there are about 50 women who have been waiting for 2 hours! um no!!! Plus they have to get through the bouncer too....There were these woman in front of us saying "Don't let the woman in green in - pass it on" I tell you its hilarious!

We also got our friend, Ellen, to join us. She's an amateur. We lost her right away and she was in the store about 30-45 minutes after we had left. She couldn't make the game time decisions like we had. Not sure if she will make the cut to join us next year! (j/k Ellen - we love you!)