Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wallpaper - why do people do it?

I spent several hours today at our new house removing hideous wallpaper from the 1/2 bath. I don't understand what the fascination and desire is for wallpaper? Its horrendous to put up and then torture to take down! We had the floors refinished and DH took out the vanity and toilet to the 1/2 bath, he suggested that if I wanted to take the wallpaper, than now was the time! So, thanks to my friend Katie, I borrowed her steamer and I tackled the wallpaper beast. It wasn't that bad. It just takes patience and its a slow process but it was great. The boys played well upstairs, while I worked on it. Surprisingly, the boys do well when we are at the "pineapple" house (Anderson calls it that, b/c there are two stone pineapples at the top of the columns at the top of the driveway). There are toys there they haven't seen in months and most of the toys they received at Christmas are there. Parker has a little bed there so he can nap and Anderson watches videos on the portable DVD while its nap time.

These are before and after pics



We've gotten floors refinished, carpet replaced and we are painting like crazy. Our target time to move in is sometime in February. My parents are traveling overseas at the time, and we didn't want to bring their dog over to our newly finished floors. Figure I would let my kids beat on it first. So, when they return we will move in.

My main task right now is to paint shelves. All the closet shelves are beat up pretty bad, and if I don't do it now, I won't do it at all. It takes me about 2 hours to do one closet! Its brutal. So I'm taking a break from shelves to do wallpaper - ugh.

No comments: