Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mom of the Year Moment

I had a one of those stellar Hall of Fame "Mom Moments" today. For all of you with a weak stomach, you may not want to read anymore, it gets graphic! :)

Parker has had the diarrhea blows for about 24 hours. Being the great mom I didn't think it was an illness, just some bad grub, but after changing 4 diapers within a few hours, you would think I would get the hint. But no! He had pizza last night for dinner. I learned my lesson today...

This morning the boys were doing really well, they both ate a hearty breakfast of KIX cereal, we got dressed and we were on our way. I stocked my car up with diapers and wipes, just in case. Didn't really think to pack any extra clothes, b/c why would I? Really? Parker loves to throw up "for fun" (really when he doesn't get his way) so why would I pack extra clothes, b/c I should of learned by now (lots of new clothes that way). As I was checking out of Babies R Us I smelled something foul! Oh yes, it was Parker, he left something in his pants for me. I had a cart full and decided to load up the car and change him in the back of the van. Poor Parker... As I was taking his pants off I realized it was much worse! To spare all of you, lets just say it was up to his neck... I used up about 100 wipes, and had this giant pile in the car. I think my poor child flashed everyone that drove by, I had to stand him up naked so that I could get him clean...ugh...
I had parked right in front of an Old Navy, so after I had him cleaned up I buckled the kids up, ran inside the door of the Old Navy, looking for a plastic bag (b/c of course why would I carry any of these in my car!)... No one was available to help, so I just reached behind the counter and grabbed one and ran out the door... I hate being rude. All I knew is that I was not riding back in the car for 40minutes with that RAUNCH of a smell....

I dared not drop the bomb of "stolen" Old Navy bag in front of the store, so we drove down the strip mall and I had Anderson deposit the nastiness a few shops down...awful!

So here is a pic of Poor Parker with only a diaper on.


All that to say, we are quarantined for the week, with the nasty poop thing. He is on a B.R.A.T diet and no I am not referring to my child! B - Bananas, R-Rice, A -Apples, T-Toast and lots of yogurt. One of my dear sweet friends, Aimee, is a peds nurse so she is my Nurse on Call! She's the best! No complaints from Parker at dinner, he got to eat a bagel, banana, and saltines for dinner, he was in heaven! And no one was shoving milk down him...


Glitter Text Generator

Glitter Text Generator

1 comment:

Gibbotka said...

wow! the joys of motherhood!! i think you deserve an award!