Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Camping does not equal FUN

This past weekend our class at church at a psuedo campout. We all hung out and slept in tents in my friend's backyard. Now she has a really cool backyard! There is a pond and a fire pit and their back yard is like 2 acres. And they have some really cool dunebuggy mobile. I pounced on that ride! I had a blast driving it, until all the kids kept begging me for rides - I was done after that! :)

We had about 50 people there and only a dozen or so families camp out. Let me mention that ALL my so called closest friends WENT HOME! None would sleep over in the tent. I GREATLY REGRET not doing the same. You see, I have a reputation of hating (putting it lightly) camping. So when I put it out there that I would sleep over, I had to deliver. I woke up in the morning with my eyes sealed shut and not being able to breathe. Saying that I have alllergies is putting it mildly. I am allergic to all things green. Each morning, I dope up. I have a pill, prescription eyedrops (that are worth every penny of the $80 they cost me), steroid inhaler, and a nasal spray. All prescription strength. About this time of year, my allergy doctor calls me up to make sure I am still alive and breeathing. Sometimes, I am barely able to open my eyes. But I digress.... I got up at around 5am to Parker having a very excited conversation (and a baby crying) and asking for a backrub. We packed up once the rest of the crazies were up and headed straight for dunkin donuts. I need coffee and a donut STAT! I sat in the car with my eyes shut and barely breathing...


At least the boys had a great time. Parker caught his first fish that night. He was sooooo excited! He also had a marshmallow dinner. I'm suprised his tummy didn't hurt.



Anderson loved camping so much he convinced DH to set up a tent in the playroom last night. And for the 2nd night in a row the boys are sleeping in it. Better in there, than outside!


So needless to say, I'm done camping for a while. I promised DH that I would camp every decade. The last time I went "for real" camping was in 2001, and apparently this doesn't count for the next decade. bummer.....

1 comment:

Sara H. said...

you slept outside in a tent with a sleeping bag. How is that *not* camping? I'm with you. It counts.

And you wonder why I didn't go...