Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A most definite blogable moment

Let me preface to the blog universe that I HATE/DESPISE/SQUEAMISH to vomit....

This morning I decided to run to TARGET. I stopped off at ChikFilA in hopes that it would distract Parker while I tried to concentrate and shop. It worked until the moment we walked in the store he decided to blow bubbles into his chocolate milk. (sorry honey, I know you said NO more chocolate milk, but I thought it would be a good distraction).... Chocolate milk ALL OVER his white shirt and cute plaid shorts. Ugh! Never fear, I used the napkins in his kiddie meal bag and cleaned up what spilled over him. At this point Parker is sitting in the big part of the cart - you know the place where they tell you not to put your kid? I figure that he is eating his lunch and it would be easier for him to spread out and eat. Plus, I wasn't planning to buy much stuff (famous last words?).

We are doing pretty good at this point, I manage to pick up the things I wanted. As we are strolling through the paper products aisle, I hear a faint cough and choke. No biggie, Parker eats fast and sometimes chokes up. I have been checking his mouth the entire time, making him show me his mouth that its empty before he can have another bite. He has eaten his fruit cup, a handful of fries and 2 nuggets and 1/2 a jug of chocolate milk. HOLY CRAP! He didn't stop and usually by now, he is over the sink (at home) and spewing it all in. Well, we are in TARGET!!!! I get him to "choke" into the bag and it doesn't stop! CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!! At this point, I am scooping it off of his leg, trying to keep it from leaking through the cracks of the cart! GROSS GROSS GROSS!!!! Yes, scooping it WITH MY HANDS!!!!!

Oh by now, the entire contents of his stomach are on his clothes, all over the cart, and on the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found this cute comforter/quilt/blanket thing for him and had placed it on the bottom part of the cart - well thank goodness for that!~ It caught most of it. Remember, I have used all the napkins in his meal bag to wipe up the chocolate bubbles...

Praise the Lord, there was a TARGET employee in the next aisle. What a unsuspecting man...he was kind enough to help me clean up Parker's mess. He got a trash bag, put on some rubber gloves and he helped me deposit the comforter and "damaged" it out. phew! While he was getting cleaning supplies, I had to grab a package of wipes, tear into them and wipe up the floor and Parker. ugh! This life saver TARGET employee goes to get me a new cart and we load up. I asked him if he had kids and he said he did, but they were now teenagers - I asked him "doesn't this bring back great memories?" My son is by now only in a diaper and I pop him in the FRONT part of the cart and head out to the front. No worries, honey - I still was able to make my purchases! :)

I'm not sure if its a good thing or not, but it doesn't phase him one bit after he "chokes". He doesn't miss a beat. This happens to him at least once a week....

Did I mention how much I HATE VOMIT!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

classic. this is awesome. did you brush his teeth for him?

Anonymous said...

oh man. I know I don't have kids (obviously) but I am the same way. I freak out when people throw up! I either flee the room or just curl in a ball and start shaking...you were brave! I would never let him eat again...haha

Hannah

Val said...

Oh my gosh Mavis!!!!!!! This is so the most hilarious thing for me today! haha This is so a sitcom episode!!!!! I can just picture you with all of this going on and still having on great shoes! ;-)

Gibbotka said...

aww...that picture looks SO PITIFUL, but cute, too :)