Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Produce and Strawberry Camp


My morning started at 5:30am! It was Produce Co-Op time again. This time, I did my job, which the title is "compiler" and you are the math/spreadsheet/receipt handler. When the shoppers are on their way back to my house, they call in how much they got of everything and I begin to divide it up amongst all the people in our large group. When they return I finish up and the madness begins. Thankfully, I have THE BEST DH in the whole wide world! He enjoys spreadsheets and math and can do them so fast in his head. So he was a HUGE help! At 9:45am we finished up, said goodbye to my helpers/shoppers and hopped in the car.


I was off to do some "jammin". Today was Strawberry Camp at my friend Aimee's house. We made strawberry jam from 10am (Aimee and our other friend, Ellen were at work at 9:30) and we did jam and more jam until 5:00ish. At the end of the day, we made over 130jars of jam! My DH will eat it by the spoonfuls... I brought home about 40 jars. Some will be made into gifts and the rest will be consumed by DH and the boys.




We did have a slight catastrophe....After putting about 50 jars of jam on top of the table, we lifted the towel that all the jars were on, and noticed that ALL OF THE HOT (VERY HOT) JARS HAD LEFT WHITE RINGS!!!! AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! My dear Aimee's nice Ethan Allen table! Oh no! What were we going to do? We had protected the table with a large beach towel, clearly that had not been enough! We quickly "googled" the term and found a way to remove them. You place a lint free towel on top of the rings and then iron the towel/napkin with a med iron The white rings came off, but if you look just right you can still see them! What a catastrophe! But sweet Aimee's DH was so kind about it. He deserves the husband of the day award! :)

A HEARTY THANKS to all the grandmas who watched all our kids today so we could attend strawberry camp!

I'm off to bed, I can still hear the boys chattering and laughing (its 10pm) and I'm wiped. I have been up since 5:30am and going strong. After strawberry camp, I had to go and help out with kid's choir at church. Aimee, Ellen and I are all there - what were we thinking? We were of no help. I was kind of like a zombie.....

Good night!

2 comments:

Sara Hinsley said...

Sounds like fun! Can't wait to try the jam.

I will say, some of us are up at 5:30 EVERY day. So I don't feel too bad about that part.

Sandy Toes said...

Strawberry camp???Wow...that is something I have not heard of...look at all that jam!!!
What a cute picture of your stirring!!
sandy toe