Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Potty Talk (Thanks Dr. Phil)

My brother gave me this great idea - he did it for Samantha and she was potty trained in a day (or so), so I'm trying it on Parker.

The idea came from Dr. Phil - seriously, the guy does have some good ideas.
http://www.drphil.com/articles/article/264

The idea is to have your child's favorite doll/animal go pee pee on the potty. And then you have a party for it. So we had a "pee pee party" for Mickey Mouse. (of course we would do it w/Mickey!!).

First, we put underwear on Mickey, then we gave Mickey some pee pee juice. Jonathan took a ziploc bag, filled it with water and Mickey "pee pee'd" on the potty. After that, Mickey got a party. And all the while we are all going CRAZY for Mickey. Giving Mickey a high five and going nuts for Mickey that he pee'd on the potty! So we all sat around the table and Mickey got a cupcake and no one else did. And boy did Parker get mad! He wanted the cupcake, but we told him he had to go on the potty. He turned around, went into the bathroom and stripped to go pee. I wish I could tell you all that he did it, but sorry, he did not. But, he did get the idea. The rest of the evening was spent talking about how Mickey got a party and that he could get a pee pee party if he goes on the potty tomorrow. Seriously, I don't think I could of done it with such pomp and circumstance as Jonathan and Rach. They were way into it. Parker LOVES my brother, so I really wanted him to do the whole party thing for Parker.

I have my arsenals ready for tomorrow. I am spending the next 2-3 days in my house, doing nothing but potty training. Parker knows that the first time he pees on the potty tomorrow he will get a party. And I will have to find somebody to stop by and go all nuts for him! I know my parents will. Unfortunately, as I type this, my brother, Rach and Sam are on their way to Michigan, then IL, then MN before coming back to NC before returning to China (but that is a whole other blog post).

I've got a tray full of goodies for every time he goes potty (and a fridge full of juice to pump him full)....

**the cheerios are for aiming at in the toilet

I've got a stash of underwear, that might last me the morning....


And a prayer that it will all work and that Anderson will obey and be helpful!

Keep you posted on the potty adventure

No comments: